2008年2月26日 星期二

unfurl

My friend Christen sent me this writing paper made from an old calender. It is coincidence that March is my month. (Unless Christen remember my birthday. :p) Another interesting thing is that I used to look at this illustrator- 藤田三步's (Miho Fujita) watercolor illustration when I was a kid, and I liked it. From this little picture on an old calender, we see a group of children gathering together and playing around in the hydrangea shrub. There's a girl painting in the center, others are watching her or trying to help, passing the materials she might need. I feel the tepid sunshine emanating from clouds, chilly breeze, and get a sense of smell of moist ground in the early spring.

What you may see above is a cardboard box which you were able to get it whenever you buy Winsor & Newton watercolor tubes. I have had it since senior high school. I have 4 of this kinda boxes. (I was so stupid to discard one long time ago.) Therefore, this box is more than 10 years. Winsor & Newton doesn't provide this kinda box anymore as i know. How sad. I just love the size of this yellow box and it could have 5 watercolor tubes inside, like a shelter, or a bed of those beautiful colors.
March is a good month to get ready to paint. My class in community college will start on March as well. I could not avoid myself to be nervous, but I'll try my best to have students love me and stay in the class.
I believe that the grey, cold, depressing days will go. The light, warm, inspiring days will come. As Christen's mom points that what the trees are doing. The trees have little tight buds just waiting to unfurl when it gets warm.
At least we can expect.
p.s Thanks for Christen's notes.
Christen, I keep the little Bible you gave it to me. :)

沒有留言: